Community Grant Minimum Criteria:
To receive a Community Grant from the Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River, the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
Ø Charitable – Grants must be used for a charitable purpose by an individual or organization that is clearly philanthropic in nature. Contributions are not made for activities that are promoting specific religious or political viewpoints.
Ø Local – Grants must be used within the Intermountain Area Community.
Ø Community Benefit – The Rotary Club must see a specific community benefit or end result of project activities. (No personnel, general operating or maintenance cost will be funded).
- Matching Funds - Grant requests over $500 must identify additional donor(s) who will match a minimum of 50% of the requested Rotary donation.
Ø Recognition of the Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River – The applicant must agree to publicize or acknowledge the contribution in a way that promotes community awareness of the Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River.
Ø The Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River has its own scholarship program; therefore, grants will not be awarded for scholarships to educational institutions. Please navigate to our scholarship information and application under the "contact" tab.
Community Grant Focus Areas:
In addition to the minimum criteria for Community Grants, the Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River has identified the following focus areas for funding:
- Youth - Education
- Seniors - Community Benefit
- Please be concise and specific in describing your project.
- Explain how the funds will be used to benefit our local community and achieve the project’s end result.
- Rotary expects to be recognized for its contribution to your organization. This can be done through media releases, Letters to the Editor or placing the Rotary Club name or logo on printed material. (Because the Rotary logo is copyrighted, approval for its use is required from the Club.)
- Please let us know of any other sources to which you have requested funds for this project. Applying to other sources in no way negatively impacts your application. Our Club appreciates combining funding sources to achieve greater results.
- You may apply for more than one project, but each project requires a separate application.
- We will not accept applications for projects, activities, or purchases that have already taken place.
- Grant funds must be expended within a 12 month period of grant approval.
- Application attachments should be limited to one page. We will contact you if additional information in needed.
- All applications must be typed or printed legibly and signed by an authorized representative of the requesting organization. Applications can be downloaded at www.burneyrotary.com.
Application Review Process:
- Applications are accepted at any time of the year and reviewed by our Community Grant Committee.
- Expect up to 1-2 months for review and notification. Please plan accordingly.
- A representative from your organization may be invited to a Rotary Club meeting to accept the Community Grant.
Mail Applications to: Rotary Club of Burney-Fall River
Community Grant Committee
P.O. Box 225
Burney, CA 96013
Inquiries can be e-mailed to: